Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Finish and Some Progress

I have a finish! This little piece, Simply Live, was such a fun stitch. I used a combination of Weeks Dye Works and Crescent Colour threads and Picture this Plus linen in Heritage.

I've also made some progress on my Mary Peacock! The colors are so, so pretty. I love it. I would be a bit farther along but a frog has come to visit this piece. In particular the pink motif on the top gave me fits, I know I unpicked sections at least 3 times.

I am still thinking about what kind of rotation works best for me. I love my Friday stitchalong with my friend Karin. In fact, we already have the next couple pieces picked out. Next up is Shepherd's Bush Love Letters and after that Primitive Needle's Earth Sampler. I so admire stitchers who can juggle several large projects and make progress on all of them. I don't think that's me. I like to chose one or two projects and work on them pretty much exclusively. I definitely can't juggle more than one super large piece. So for now, I am going to do my Friday stitchalong, Mary Peacock, and my ornaments. When I need a break from Mary Peacock I am going to stitch on my UFOs. I am planning on participating in an Adam and Eve stitchalong that starts next month and then that will be my second project.

I'll leave you all with a couple pictures of Sophie and Chloe, they are so funny. They love to look out the window in the living room. Their other favorite spot is right next to me or on my lap, even when I am on the laptop, LOL. That's Chloe in the second picture. Hope everyone is having a great week and lots of stitching time!


33 comments:

Karin said...

yoohoo!! Well done on your finish! It is great to have these Friday projects as you now know! One does finish something :-) Mary is coming along nicely as well. Ohh Sophie & Chloe are so cute. We hope to see them soon again. Marloes is begging me to go to the pet store to get them something LOL

Kim B said...

What a gorgeous finish!!! Congrats!

Sophie and Chloe are the cutest!

mainely stitching said...

That's a great finish! Beautiful!! :D

Leigh said...

I love your finish! And the girls are gorgeous!!

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on your finish! It is such a nice feeling when one puts that last thread it.
Love the girls - I can tell they are the queens in your castle.

lena-lou said...

Love the finish and I love your super cute dogs :)
Have a nice weekend

doris said...

Such a pretty sampler ... the colors are great. Miss Mary is so gorgeous! Selfishly, it's comforting to know that others have counting difficulties once in a while. ;)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a beautiful finish, Katrina! I love the colors in Miss Mary! Sophie and Chloe are adorable!
Peace,
terri

mercy said...

I love your finish! I've been following your progress and it has made me want to stitch this :-P Your color choices are listed on the pattern or is this your own conversion?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous finish, I love that design! I'm glad that someone else is having trouble with a Quaker, since I had to do a fair amount of ripping on Beatrix yesterday :( MP is looking lovely in spite of the problems, very pretty colours. Your dogs are very cute too!

Sharon said...

Sophie and Chloe are both so beautiful, love that picture. Congratulations to you on such a beautiful finish also love your progress on Mary Peacock, the colors of both are so pretty.

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!! Woohoo! YGG! I love it. Your progress on MP is sooo pretty. Love the pics of the girls--they are adorable.

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish Katrina! You inspire me to get back to mine! :) I also love your progress on MP - I'm so sorry you had to frog! Good luck with your rotation! :)

Maggie said...

What a lovely finish, congrats, it looks great :-)

Toast Troll said...

That is a beautiful sampler. Congratulations.

Kit said...

Simply Live is so lovely, I love the colors too. The pups are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Your two Quakers look wonderful! Hope the frog stays far, far away so you can keep posting progress on Mary Peacock. It's lovely!

Karoline said...

What a great finish, congratulations
Mary looks gorgeous, great progress

Deb said...

Hi, Katrina, Your new finish is gorgeous..have to get mine out now! You've inspired a few of us, for sure!! Mary P. is going to be stunning. I've found the frogs love Quakers for some reason. I wonder if it's a plague that starts out and has to be prayed off!!?? :] Me thinks so.... At any rate, your MP looks great and I'm sending this word of encouragement to whisk the frogs and toads away! Love and hugs, Deb

Rachel said...

Lovely finish Katrina! It's such a nice sampler. And your Mark Peacock is coming along nicely!! Cute puppy pics too :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the lovely finish! And great progress on Mary Peacock - despite the frog (hope you squished it mercilessly!)

Jackie in UK said...

Lovely finish Katrina, your stitching is always beautiful! The girls are just adorable, aren't they?

Jackie x

Kellie said...

Katrina,
Simply Live is beautiful, as is Mary Peacock!! What threads are you using for Mary Peacock? The colors are so pretty. :) Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. :) It makes my day!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Simply Live is wonderful. Congrats on your finish and your new start on Mary Peacock.

The 'girls' are adorable!

Elaine said...

I have just found your blog and have been admiring all your stitching, I have Mary Peacock in my stash and would like to stitch it in the colours you are using, can you share the conversion?

Elaine

Annemarie said...

Oooh, love the pooches!

Your stitching looks wonderful. Live Simply is very sweet.

Rotations never work for me, but I find deadline-free stitching very stimulating. SALs seem to work for me too, and I hope you get to stitch a lot of your dream projects soon!

Jan said...

Gosh your Simply Live is so pretty! Doesn't it feel grand to have something finished? Looking forward to seeing more of your Mary too!

Littlebit said...

Just beautiful! I'm not overly successful on rotation projects. LoL!

Natasha said...

What sweet furbabies. Mine follow me from room to room.Simply live is looking great and the Mary Peacock the colors are very pretty but probably even more so in real life.

Happy stitching
Natasha

Michelle said...

Beautiful finish! I like the colors in this one too - they are all so different with the different fibers. Beautiful Mary Peacock as well. I find I do better with just focusing on one or two big pieces, more than that and I don't seem to make progress on any. We'll see how it goes once I throw A&E and Shores into the mix.

Craft-i-leigh said...

You have done some really lovely work. The dogs are just too cute.
I am new to the world of stitching and have been browsing various blogs to try and gain some knowledge and get some tips / ideas. I originally started with a stamped, then counted “kits”. I’m working on my 2nd chart and have noticed some big differences in floss types and quality.
My Cross Stitch Mentor has told me that I’m ready to graduate from Aida, but I really like Aida. Maybe it’s just beginner’s comfort???
If you would answer my question… What type of fabric or fabrics do you prefer and why? Brands and counts?
I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Kim said...

Katrina I love your finish! And the pups look so sweet!!!!! :o))

Andrea said...

Hi Katrina,
what a lovely finish! And I love your blog header, those SB finishes are gorgeous!
You WON the Noah Stocking! Please contact me at my blog name @hotmail.com :-)