Saturday, February 14, 2009

Stitching Update

Woohoo, it's only been two weeks since I last posted. Not quite the once a week I was hoping for but better than I was doing :-). I've been stitching everyday, I haven't got quite as much done as I wanted to but I am making progress.

My Friday project is Simply Live by the Primitive Needle. Lisa's designs are wonderful. My friend Karin and I are stitching this together. She is using a conversion Jean at the Attic did for her in Belle Soie. I am doing mine in a combination of WDW and Crescent Colours. If you'd like to see it in the silks pop over to Karin's blog, she has a picture of her progress posted too. It's a really fun piece to stitch, I am hoping to finish it next Friday.

I haven't made a lot of progress on Mary Peacock. I am hoping to remedy that this week. I love the colors in the Shepherd's Bush conversion so far. I can't wait to add some green and more shades of blue and pink.

I've been re-thinking my rotation. I love my projects but I am not sure I like changing pieces all the time. Add to that Siobhan has been encouraging me to join in some stitchalongs on CHS yahoo group and I really want to play :-). I guess my rotation is a work in progress. I need to ponder things for a few days and maybe go through my stash again.

Hope everyone has a happy Valentine's day. It's a bit gloomy here today, we have freezing fog. It's sort of weird, not icy but not snowy either. My DH and I are going to hang out and watch movies which means I should get a fair bit of stitching time today. I so appreciate you all for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!


13 comments:

Karin said...

Woohoo!! You made great progress on both. It is so funny to see I have the top half done and you the bottom.
Hugs!

Georgie said...

Wonderful stitching, Katrina! I love those days where it's cold outside and you get to stay inside and just stitch

Von said...

Such pretty projects, Katrina. With the cold weather you've been having you'll have lots more progress to show real soon. :)

Siobhán said...

Simply Live & Mary both look great, Katrina! Here's hoping you have a finish next weekend. ;)

Hey, on the rotation, I say this as somebody who is planning to go into a rotation soon... Stitching is meant to be fun & enjoyed, so if you swap around on your rotation, that's okay. The main thing is that you enjoy yourself!!

Annemarie said...

I hope you got a lot of stitching done yesterday! Simply Live is a gorgeous piece.
I love your new header!

Karoline said...

They both look lovely, great progress

doris said...

Love, love your Mary Peacock! I haven't seen the SB conversion yet. Where did you get hold of that? I'm gonna have to call them to order that cute little 2009 scissor fob you did also. You may be as bad an infuence as Siobhan! Thanks also for the invitation to the Sampler Guild. I'd love some info, but my Sundays are somewhat spoken-for a lot of the time. I was an EGA member many years ago, and even wrote their newsletter for a while. What was I thinking?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a link to your blog on the CHS yahoo group. I'm going to enjoy browsing through your previous posts.

Your making great progress on Simply Live and Mary Peacock. I'm looking forward to seeing future progress snaps.

Don't let Siobhan bully you into too many SALs... :-)

staci said...

Very pretty progress on both projects...looks like you need them to keep you warm!!!

Kathy A. said...

Nice work on your two projects. It is nice to see you blogging and catch up on what you are doing.
Now that is some fog!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Hey Katrina! Thanks for visiting my blog - if Tyler weren't so anxious to drive, I would have loved to wait till he was 18 but no way ~ he'd drive me crazy. I do know a couple of folks whose kids didn't want to drive but not mine....

I Love your Simply Live - I agree, Lisa's designs are so wonderful! I love your colors! Mary Peacock is also looking great -again, really pretty colors.

Looking forward to seeing more of both pieces but especially your big finish on Simply Live.
Peace,
Terri

Kim B said...

Your projects are beautiful Katrina!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous stitching! Simply Live has gone on my wishlist because of your WIP. :)