Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it is 2007! I love the new year, the possibilities of a fresh start, making resolutions, and for me, a chance to get organized :-). I always make a few promises to myself and most years I manage to keep one or two of them, LOL. My stitching related resolutions are:

1. Continue the 10-25-50 challenge. I've put my 50 pieces on the sidebar of my blog. All I can say is thank goodness for birthday's and Christmas's. I will be asking for stitching stuff. I've allowed myself a few exceptions, the BBD Loose Feathers and hard to find, OOP charts, and limited edition pieces.

2. Stitch every day, I am very blessed to be a homemaker with lots of time to call my own so I should be accomplishing a lot more than I do :-).

3. Finish at least three of my UFO projects, the pieces that come to mind right now are SB The Promise, SB Victorian Sampler and DT An Open Heart.

4.I doubt I will finish it this year but I am going to work on ATS a few times a month. My friend Vicky convinced me to continue stitching it over one and we are going to work on it together twice a month. She's stitching it over one too. To be sure I don't waffle I'm giving the over two start to Vicky's mom, Danya, to stitch.

5. I want to finish at least one ornament each month.

6. I would like to frame at least one or two projects a month. I have several pieces stored away that need to be on my wall.

My goals for Janary are (amended 17 January):

1. Finish block 2 on CHS Village of Hawk Run Hollow.
2. Finish BBD Summer House (over half finished with this one too).
3. Finish Bent Creek Spring Snapperland (I am 2/3 of the way done) (finished 12 January).
4. Work on Frances Burwell (my Christmas start) (I have the first 4 bands finished).
5. Work on Sarah Moon (my New Year start) Worked on her 1 January, that's it).
6. Finish one of my PIF pieces :-), I have four to do, still room for one more!
7. Do two squares a week on DT's Sampler Gameboard, I am participating in a stitchalong with several other ladies, DT Sampler Gameboard Blog (coming along nicely, as of 17 January, I have 6 blocks done and a nice start on the border).

8. Finish Valentine Exchange piece.
9. Work on ATS (worked on it 16 January).

I wish everyone a wonderful, blessed New Year with lots of finishes! I am hopeful as always I will be the person God created me to be, keep at least some of my resolutions and get lots of stitching time :-).

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

Katrina, I just came across your blog, and just wanted to say I love your work! Also, that's a pretty impressive list of goals you've set yourself. Good luck with those in the new year!

Susimac said...

Good luck with your goals!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Sounds like a good plan and like you I believe in trying for an ideal list and then being able to check off at least some of them. Happy Stitching, CJ

Anonymous said...

How inspiring! You have LOTS of lovely projects going....
Your New Years resolutions are profound and I love the line about being the person God created you to be...how awesome...I wish that for you and myself as well!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Do come back! I have you on my bloglines so I'll definitely visit you again soon!
{[hugs}}
Vonna

Adana said...

Good luck with ATS, I would think with Vicky as your support person you would probably finish it this year. How nice for Danya to have one to stitch as well, we all know how long it will take her to finish it....or is she done already. :)