Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Dad's Surgery


I got up yesterday morning thinking it was going to be a normal day. My sister called to see if I knew when they were doing my dad's angioplasty, my parents had decided to tell me after it was over so I didn't even know he was getting it done. I live a couple states away and they didn't want to worry me? Not great and they won't be doing that again. My dad had an ECG done a few weeks ago as a part of his pre-op for a knee replacement. It came back funny so he did a stress test, he's had a couple of funny ones but they didn't think it was anything. Monday the cardiologist recommended he have the angioplasty to rule out anything. Long story short he's having a quadruple bypass tomorrow morning. Lots to be thankful for, they discovered it before he had a major heart attack, his heart is otherwise very strong, he has good doctors but it's still very scary. He's only 65 years young and never had any symptoms so this is all very unexpected. Luckily I was able to get very cheap tickets so I flew home yesterday afternoon. I was actually out the door at 2:oo yesterday afternoon. I love this picture of my dad, he was in his early 20's here. Please keep him and my mom in your thoughts and prayers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed Katrina - hope everything goes well {{hugs}}

Anita said...

Have a safe trip home and will remember your family in my prayer and a speedy recovery for your dad.

Clare said...

Best wishes for the whole family.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Katrina! I know you were shocked yesterday when you found out...been there..felt that! I know he's glad, as well as your mom, that you made it. I'll be thinking of you all today!

BeckySC said...

Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers, Katrina! I hope everything will be OK! Keep us updated!

(((hugs)))

Terri said...

Long distance hugs and prayers from me.

Don't you just love how they try to protect us because we're far away. I think that's my biggest complaint about being in the military! LOL

Anonymous said...

He definitely is in my thoughts and prayers as are you and your family.
Modern medicine can perform miracles...between that and faith he'll come through with flying colors, I'm sure :)
{{hugs}} to you and your family.

Senorita Stitches said...

Katrina, I'll be praying for your dad. I'm so glad they decided to let you know what's going on and that you can be there. Most of my family lives locally but many are busy with full lives. We finally set up an internet group to help us all keep up to date on what's going on with our parents. It's helped tremendously.

Chelle said...

Yikes, Katrina! I'll be praying for your Dad. Sometimes my folks take a "we don't want to worry you kids" stance and we don't find out about things until after the fact. It can be a frustrating situation. I'm glad you were able to catch a plane in time. I know you feel better being there in person.

Karoline said...

I hope everything is going well Katrina, I shall be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers