Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A&E Finish

I finished Primitive Needle's A&E!!!  It's been sitting for a while, I was stitching it last year when Lisa died and just couldn't work on it.  I decided it was time to get it out again and put the last stitches in it.  I wish I had some wise thing to say but if this last year has taught me nothing else, it's that life is short and not everything makes sense.  I don't pretend to understand but I hope that I can remember Lisa through her designs and the things I have here that she stitched for me.  I think about her often and miss her and I trust that God has a plan for all of us. 






My New Cell Phone Background :-)





I used Crescent Colours, Gentle Arts, and Weeks on WDW 40 Count Beige to stitch this piece, it is a Shepherd's Bush conversion.  I am sure if you are interested you can call the shop and ask for it.  It's a lot different from the original, personally I love it because it's so much lighter and suits me.


Next up for me is Blackbird Design's Christmas Garden and Eveline Cunningham.  I am also going to learn to frame my own pieces, I am very excited about that :-).  I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's day!!!!

Happy Stitches,
Katrina

52 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful finish, Katrina! I love the colors.

The Scarlett House said...

Lovely finish, Katrina. Lisa would be very proud.

marly said...

Great design and colors. They're strong enough but still very soft.

Natalia said...

So cute, Katrina !!! It is a wonderful way to remember Lisa... I can't wait to see it framed :-)

Natasha said...

Lovely finish!! I am working on a piece by Lisa now and I think of her with each stitch. It's a lovely tribuite to her life as we stitch her designs that will always live on.

Krista said...

Really beautiful finish, Katrina! Love the color conversions :)
happy valentine's day!

Deb said...

Wonderful finish Katrina! I think your conversion is perfect. And you know, I was thinking about Lisa the other day too.

Joy said...

It's lovely!! Hopefully, some day the pain of Lisa's passing will ease and you view this piece as a celebration of her life.

It's easy to frame...hope you're learning how to lace your pieces:)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Thank you for sharing. I also have learned much this year--life is short and there are many times when it does not make sense!

I miss Lisa and her designs.

Jen Bailey said...

Gorgeous finish Katrina! Life is short and doesn't make sense but what a wonderful way to remember Lisa through stitching this design!

Bertie said...

Beautiful, the colors are fabulous, your little scissors fob is cute too!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Love it...love the SB conversion! Another great finish for you Katrina!

Siobhán said...

Beautiful finish, Katrina! I love what you wrote about Lisa, too. I know she is in heaven, smiling at your finish. xoxo

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish Katrina. The color conversion is wonderful.
I so glad that you chose to honor Lisa by finishing her design.

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finish Katrina and I love the conversion that SB did too. A lovely tribute to a great designer.

Happy Valentine's Day:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful finish Katrina! The color palette changed is striking for sure. And your thoughts and words about Lisa, heartfelt and moving. I was thinking just the other day that the anniversary of her death is right around the corner. So sad.

Hazel said...

A stunning piece. I love it. The colours are great. x

doris said...

So, so beautiful!

Cardygirl said...

Absolutely love this muted version...I would love to attempt this color conversion but SB don't email...any ideas?

Joy said...

This is especially lovely, Katrina. Your words about Lisa echo what my heart has been feeling as we near the one-year remembrance of her passing. I can think of no better way to honor her as you have done here.

Kellie said...

Beautiful finish!! Are you taking a framing class? That is something that I would love to learn to do eventually.

cucki said...

soooooooooooooooooo lovely xxx

valerie said...

Lovely finish Katrina! What a wonderful way to remember Lisa. Good luck with your framing projects!

Ruth said...

It's an absolutely beautiful piece -- congrats to you and to Lisa-- who I'm sure would be nothing but happy about your softening.

woolwoman said...

Wonderful finish Katrina - I have this about 1/2 done and every time I try to pick it up again I just don't get more than a few stitches done. I LOVE the conversion by SB - I adore the Christmas Garden - I have added that to my Must Do list. Happy V-Day - mel

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful piece and what a wonderful tribute to Lisa.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Awesome finish, Katrina! I have to say I do like the colors on it a bit better. Can't wait to see more on your BBD piece; seriously loving that one! Don't forget about me, okay? Happy Valentine's Day!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I think your insights about Lisa are wonderful, Katrina. Lovely piece. Beautiful conversion. BTW, I see that you have The Kitchen House on your bookshelf. I'm in the process of reading it for my book club.
Linda

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish! I think of Lisa often especially whenever I see a powder blue VW bug. I started on her Let Your Life Speak sampler yesterday.

Ranae said...

beautiful stitching! Katrina
I love the colors you used

Catherine said...

Beautiful piece and colors.....

Sylvia said...

Congrats on a lovely finish. I love the colors.

Karin said...

Beautiful stitching and beautiful words. I often think about Lisa as well. We sure miss our Sampler Sister:-(

barbara said...

What a gorgeous conversion! It is sad ... I get all weird-feeling when I go through the designs I have of Lisa's in my stash.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Katrina, this is certainly a lovely finish. I know you are SO glad to have stitched pieces by Lisa. When I pull any of her designs I also think about her untimely death and how we never know when our time will be.

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish Katrina. I've been thinking about Lisa a lot lately too. She would have loved it!

Debby said...

What a beautiful finish, Katrina! Very lovely colors.

Greetings from Debby,
www.crossstitchstyle.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Gorgeous gorgeous finish. The colors really are perfect for you. And I love that it's now the background photo for your cell phone. It's a wonderful way to remember Lisa and keep her alive in our hearts.

Melissa said...

Katrina, what a wonderful way to honor Lisa's memory. I was thinking of her the other day too. I will have to check with SB on the conversion as I love it!

Looking forward to your next pieces!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finish, congratulations

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very beautiful !!!

adorable
bisous xxx de France

Laura said...

Beautiful finish Katrina! The conversion is stunning. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Katrina. I didn't know Lisa, but I saw the story and SN had a bit about that in their newsletter. Horrible! This piece is beautiful. Can't wait to see it (unless your Mom gets to it before we all get to see it - LOL).
Jannie

Melanie said...

A beautiful finish and lovely tribute to Lisa. Her passing was such a senseless and tragic event.
I was wondering if you would be so kind as to contact me about your 'Reproduction Round Robin'. I would love to stitch it but can't find where to get the chart from. Thanks. My e-mail is
mward07@btinternet.com

Lois said...

Both a lovely finish and tribute Katrina, so glad you were able to finally pick it up again and complete it.

Unknown said...

nice work congratulations
Pat

Cindy in Virginia said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I must add this to my wish list! You did a wonderful job, as always! I was working on Cape Cod's Girls when Lisa died. I finished it, and still need to frame it. I also planted those seed pods Lisa had sent me from her wild indigo plant. The seeds were several years old, but eventually sprouted. They didn't get very big, I hope they come back this summer. Nice to have a living gift from a dear friend to remind me of her.

Anonymous said...

beautiful, love the colors

Penny said...

I've enjoyed my visit around your blog. You have done some beautiful work!
I appreciate your visit to my blog and the lovely comment you left for me.

Littlebit said...

What a lovely finish, Katrina..and your words about life being short and everything not making sense...how very true and should make us all think.

Ivory Spring said...

How beautiful, Katrina. Your needlework are a joy to behold.

Dawn said...

Hi Katrina

Beautiful finish on your Christmas Garden, I just love the colors. May I ask for the conversion and the alphabet you used in the piece please if it's not too much trouble.

many thanks, Dawn
dreidohio@yahoo.com