I did finish a Christmas ornament for an exchange, I thought it came out cute and I hope the recipient liked it.
I've also worked a fair bit on Primitive Needle's A&E. I love the conversion Teri from Shepherd's Bush did for the piece. If anyone would like it, I am sure you can call the shop and ask for it.
I've been wishing my life away waiting on the New Year. I just love the idea of new beginnings, making lists and plans because it helps me get organized and motivated. Siobhan was a bad influence and convinced me it would inspire me if I joined the Crazy January Challenge 2011. I should probably listen to Karin, who despite all my cajoling, begging and nagging (I try to drag her along in all my schemes and plans) has declined to participate "because it would make her crazy", LOL. Still I persist and I've posted my list in the sidebar and of course I wouldn't be me if I didn't modify the challenge a tiny bit. My plan is to start the new projects Monday through Friday the first three weeks of the month, after the initial start I will concentrate on one or two pieces until they are finished. I will work on a BAP project Friday night to Sunday night. The first large project will be Frances Eden. I make no promises, just a commitment to try it and I reserve the right to change my list as my heart desires ;-).
And if you are thinking "Good for Karin", I did convince her we should do an ornament exchange again this year. We are each going to stitch 6 ornaments twice, so we both end up with 12 ornaments. We did the same thing 2 years ago but for that exchange we each stitched 12 ornaments.
I hope everyone has a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.
32 comments:
Beautiful tree Katrina! And, is that tile on your fireplace new? Was that part of your makeover? I love it!
I hope you get some good stitching time, and have a wonderful Christmas relaxing!
LauraB
It's always so good to see an update from you, Katrina! I love your tree--very pretty. Your WIPs are GORGEOUS! I love both of the A&Es! I can't wait to see your WIPs for the challenge. I figure--it's fun, it's stitching, and if it isn't all done in 2011, at least we'll have fun working at it, right?! I also can't wait to see the ornaments you & Karin come up with this year! You did a great job on the exchange ornament.
Lovely tree, Katrina! I know what you mean about wishing the year away... I am SO hoping for a better 2011 and can't wait for it to get her.
Your ornament and WIP are both wonderful. Good luck with the big challenge!
Love your tree! I also love your A&E progress -- the colors are so pretty! I may have to call SB. lol! Love that ornie too! Have a wonderful Christmas, Katrina!
You are absolutely one of the most motivated people that I have ever known. I think you can do anything you set your mind to, so I can understand how you re-decorated the house, already celebrated Christmas, AND made your crazy list :) I say crazy because I'm with Karin...you all have fun with that challenge, lol!
Love your tree, Katrina!
Good luck with your January challenge, and your ornament SAL with Karin.
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
What beautiful projects! And your tree is amazing! :D
Your tree is lovely! And those WIP's are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
Good luck with the Challenge and SAL - we'll be here waiting for updates!
Merry Christmas!
Your tree is beautiful Katrina! The A&E and the ornament are lovely too.
That's a very impressive list for the 2011 Challenge. Enjoy getting back to normal.
I can't wait to see what ornaments you guys pick out!!!!!!!!!! It was so fun to see your last round of ornaments!!!!!
What is the name of the darling ornament you have posted in this entry? I love it!!!!!!
OMG Katrina!!!! I can't believe you got me into stitching 6 ornaments x 2=12 again. Ok it is better than the 12x2=24 we did 2 years ago and I DO love to have all these ornaments LOL.
BUT I definitely will NOT join the crazy challenge!!!! ROTFL
Love u!!!
What a pretty ornament. The receiver will love it. Merry Christmas.
You're a crazy woman! ;o) I'm with Karin...that challenge would drive me nuts!! But GO FOR IT! I'll cheer you on! I'm ready for the new year too. Time for a fresh start....and lots of lists! :o) Frances Eden is one I need to restart. Love the colors in her!
I'm right there with you on wishing the year away...come on 2011! So hoping it's a better year all around. Your tree is beautiful! Love your ornie and the start on your A&E. They both look great.
I'm with Karin too. The crazy challenge will make me certifiable and who will visit me in the loony bin?! I'll have my hands full with my goals...I only hope I stick to them this year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Hey there Katrina~
First of all your tree is very pretty!! Don't worry, the New Year will be here before you sneeze! lol
I love your list, but mostly your anticipation of the New Year and new starts...such fun, isn't it? I am like Karin, that would drive me so crazy...BUT I have committed to doing something similar...a WIP Challenge of 15 to get some of these works I have started further along or glory bee, maybe even finished in 2011!!!
Hope your year is everything you want and more!!
I love your tree and all your latest stitching! The blog header is great too!
How great you did all the redecorating. That must feel great with new furniture! Yeah, I wish!
You and I have very similar taste, Katrina! Looking at your list of 15 I have most of the projects and will probably do many of them. I'm another one not doing the crazy January challenge but will look forward to seeing everyone's progress!
Merry Christmas!
I look forward to watching your progress on your 15 projects, Katrina. I'm opting not to join, either--just too much pressure and after my year stitching Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow, I really need a break!
Your tree is gorgeous--may you and your family enjoy a beautiful Christmas season :)
Beautiful tree! And I love the ornament...it's beautiful.
Merry Christmas!
I'm with Karin, it would drive me crazy to sign up for the challenge but I am looking forward to following everyone's progress. You've picked some great projects to work on.
What a nice tree and a lovely ornament for your exchange. Merry Christmas and wishing you and yours all the best for 2011.
Yep, Karin is my king of girl.... I would go absolutely crazy with this challenge too !! But then again.... maybe I can quit my job and just take the challenge and cross stitch ALL day long !! LOL. Oh I am afraid you'll try to get me into something too !!
How come you didn't show me your new living room furniture on Saturday ??? :-) I can't wait to see it !!
Beautiful, beautiful Christmas tree!
I am so not signing up for that 15 piece challenge. I'm with Karin!
Look forward to seeing your choices as you stitch.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Beautiful tree Katrina and wow what a great post from you. YGG on the Challenge and making it your own - I am passing up on that one - I have enough problems trying to complete knitting, hooking AND stitching projects - Anyway - I hope you enjoy the holidays - Merry Christmas - Melody
Ooh your A&E looks so pretty - love the colors. And your tree looks wonderful too. How fun you and Karin and doing your ornament exchange again. Merry Christmas!
Very pretty trees, both of them!
I am considering the January challenge. After all, I could just reach in the Diane bag and pull out 15 projects...right?
Katrina, I LOVE your tree! And, am o happy to have checked my blogthis morning, and read your update...I am DEFINITELY joining the 2011 challenge! As always, you inspire me! Hugs!
Katrina, Teresa had the 2004 ornament stitching magazine so I am in business to be able to stitch that lovely ornament....I have to say that yours is 100 times better looking than the one in the magazine! I would not have looked twice at it unless I had seen your work of beauty!!!!
Wishing you a wonderful 2011! Hope we can meet up for some more stitching fun! I think we are doing the Inspired Needle retreat again in October in case you want to consider that!
Both the ornament and your tree are looking lovely.
Nice progress on your A&E and good luck with your 2011 stitching plans
Happy new year and best of luck with the Crazy January Challenge (I'm taking part too).
Hi Katrina, what a great list of charts you are starting this month! Looking forward to seeing your progress and I have to tell you, your big BBD piece is beautiful!
I love all of the cross stitch ornaments on your tree, Katrina! It's very pretty. And I like the Katrina's Samplers plate on the mantel, too.
Your Primitive Needle A&E is really coming along and I do like that conversion. This one may have to go on the "to do" list.
Happy New Year - I hope it brings all good things your way.
Adding one more comment to say I LOVE your challenge list! So how are things going?
Happy New Year - I love the tree that you have. Can't wait to see all of your progress.
Post a Comment