Speaking of Adam and Eve, have you all seen Paulette's Paradise Lost and Garden of Eerie. I've already put Paradise Lost in my WIP pics in my sidebar. I can't wait to start this piece. I've got several A&E charts kitted and ready to go. I have visions of a wall :-).
Bear with me, I feel the need to ramble, I have a confession to make. I am in a bit of a stitching slump, truth be told it is really a big slump. I think about stitching all the time but I don't actually stitch very much. It's not about not having the time to stitch, I actually have lots of free time. I just don't always use my time as well as I could. The biggest issue for me is there are so, so many pieces I want to finish it's almost overwhelming. Deciding what I want to work is sometimes impossible so I end up not doing anything. How sad is that? I am very type A, results oriented, and making a bit of progress on a lot of different things just doesn't always do it for me. All this brings me back to Paradise Lost. It's the design that is going to break the cycle. I LOVE this piece, there's something about it that just screams "stitch me"! I haven't thought about much else since I saw the picture. I think the stars have aligned to get me out of my slump :-). I have the project that is calling my name and the Dyeing to Stitch Retreat next week. It's always so inspiring to be around other stitchers and designers. So there it is, my rambling confession.
Just a side note, if you've never had a class with Barb and Alma from Blackbird Designs and you get the opportunity to take one, do it! They are awesome, they have so, so many great ideas you can't help but want to pick up your needle.
Now I feel the need to prove I am not a non-stitcher, LOL. Deb has posted pictures of all my ornaments she's finished for me. I have shamelessly snitched her pictures and posted them on my blog as proof that I do indeed still on occasion stitch ;-).
I hope you all have a great week, with lots of stitching time, no slumps and special moments. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog!
23 comments:
Gorgeous ornaments! What's the name of the first one? I think it's my favorite.
I'm with you on Paradise Lost, but I have a couple of things going that I have to keep working on. For me, it's so many projects, so little time.
I'm tellin' you Katrina -- these new releases from market are pushing me over the top!! How fun is that?? I love, love, love Paradise Lost and the Garden of Eerie, plus Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow, Ira Ray Crow, Book of Designs III from The Goode Huswife, and on, and on, and on. And you know what...I'm buying them all. And, if you saw my stitching stash you'd pray I live to be 120 years old. You'll come out of the slump when you're good and ready. Don't even think about it.... Hugs and have a great weekend doing whatever you want to do!!
Katrina, I'm right there with you on Paradise Lost! It's wonderful, isn't it? I have way too many things I want from market. Bad bad! I hope Paradise Lost helps with your stitching slump. :D Love your ornaments too. I really want to do that Goode Huswife angel someday.
Is Paradise Lost not just fabulous!!??!! I can't wait to get this in my hot little hands! I preordered it and Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. My two favorites, so far. :)
Hang in there...you will get out of the stitching slump. Your ornaments are beautiful! I like them all, but I think the BOAF ones are my favorites. :)
Have a great weekend! Enjoy your upcoming retreat.
And I love the new blog look! I meant to say that in the first comment.
Love the new A & E pieces, I too have a 'vision'! Cant wait to get started on them. Your ornaments are GORGEOUS!! Fabulous finishing on them. My favs are the Bof and La d da. Keep your head up, you will want to stitch more after next weekend at the retreat! You will have a great time!
I think Paradise Lost must be the most popular of the market releases! At least that's according to all the blogs I've read, and with me too! I look forward to seeing your start & progress with it!
As to the stitching, they are wonderful and Deb has done a wonderful finishing job! But, don't torture me with showing me a BOAF design I don't have! ;-) I love those cute characters!
Anyway, your stitching retreat sounds wonderful and will get you out of your slump, I'm sure!
Happy weekend!
I love all your ornaments, especially the first one! Been on my list for a long time. I think that we all go through stitching slumps - why that is - who knows. But when you're ready, you'll find something that really sparks you and then you'll be stitching like a fool.
Perhaps some of the new Market Releases will get your sparked. Can't wait for Paradise lost and MiLady's Needle has an A&E piece that I know I will have to have.
Your new blog look is adorable! I just changed mine all around yesterday too LOL! I love playing with the look of blogs.
So, your ornaments are beautiful! I think it's okay to not stitch sometimes, you need to be reinspired it sounds like, and maybe this new piece you like will do that for you! When I get "stuck" like that I work on a different piece everyday, then I find a rythm and what I really want to work on. I hope you get your Mojo back soon :)
Such cute ornies--LOVE the first one!
I love your new look - very pretty!
I too have visions of an A&E wall (thanks to Kim and Siobhan). I think they will look lovely going up the staircase. Now I just have to kit some up and get started. I have so many WIP and so many new ones I can't wait to start and then MARKET - it's overwhelming.
I think we all go thru slumps where we don't care to stitch - I know mine always returns with a renewed vigor and I start stitching non-stop again.
Enjoy your weekend.
LOVE the new blog and oh my, the ornaments! I hate it that I keep saying I'm going to do some and don't. I'm sure you know how much I love Paulette's new things..that Paradise Lost will be my very first, ever, A&E design. I've had it for weeks but just have not really had the time to jump in. I usually can only stitch at night, and I just can't lay Garden of Eerie down. I have never been good with rotation, but I think I'd better learn fast. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments.
Katrina! I am honored!! :) I LOVE your ornaments, btw.. gorgeous, every one!
Paulette
Your new blog outfit is adorable!
I love all of your ornament finishes, wow, you've kept Deb busy!
Paradise Lost is just wonderful, I can see why it's going to bring you out of your slump!
LOVE your ornaments and I too, cannot wait to get at Paradise Lost...I think someone should do an SAL!
Great new blog template...very cute!! I love Paradise Lost too and am thinking of adding it to my stash. I hope it helps you with your stitching slump. I think we all go through that. Love your ornaments! Deb did such a great job with the finishing!
Lovin' the new blog look!! I always fret over doing that, just because I'm sure I'll wipe everything out. I am always psyched to see a new blog post from you!
Your stitching is FABULOUS and Deb's work is the cherry on top of a very luscious cupcake. ;) Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!
The slump... maybe you have too many things going on? I know what you mean, though, you're torn in a thousand directions, wanting to do everything. Maybe make lists of what is in your head, and then choose 3 projects or so to concentrate. I know Paradise Lost is the big thing for me, I'm going to try working on that exclusively but am keeping a car project and then maybe another thing to work on when I hit the wall with PL--if that happens. I keep thinking I'll have an A&E going, a CHS going, and then a third project, whatever that might be. That plan changes daily, but it's fun to obsess. I hope PL gets to you quickly and pulls you out of that slump!
Love the new blog look - especially those two handsome little birdies on the branch
I can see why you like the new Paradise Lost. And if it's calling to you = get out those needles and stitch away.
These ornaments are all so beuatiful but my favourite would be the first. And I'm with you on the market releases and particularly on Paradise Lost. What a beuaty!
Oh Wow, I love these new projects you've picked. I'm so glad that you've "confessed". I find myself in the same slump. I made a list this morning of things unfinished, and wondered why in the world I felt the need to do that. That made my anxiety way worse!
I hope you have a great time stitching this new piece. It is darling.
Take care!
Love the new blog look, Katrina! The ornaments are just wonderful! Like Melissaa, my favorites are the BOAF ones - don't think I've seen them before. Why oh why did they stop designing?
I will look forward to your progress on the PSS A&E. I totally get why it's calling to you - it is a wonderful design. Hope it helps pull you out of your slump!!! Thanks for posting all the great pics - what great eye candy!!
Gorgeous ornaments. Love the Yule Flowers.
Chrissie
Your finishing is superb! My compliments on some really excellent work there girl!
Post a Comment