Friday, September 04, 2009

I'm Back!!!!

I've been gone way longer than I intended. It's funny how life gets in the way. I alway end up a lot busier than I plan on being. The highlight of the summer was getting all my framed pieces back from Jill Rensel. She is just an amazing artist :-). Sophie and Chloe were all about helping me take pictures to share with everyone, LOL. They wanted to be in every picture, if you look closely you will see a stray paw here and there.

This is Simply Live by Lisa at Primitive Needle. I just love her designs and feel lucky to count her as one of my friends :-).

I also got Lisa's Earth Sampler framed! Isn't the the snake on the mat fun. Siobhan has me hooked on the whole Adam and Eve, serpent theme. I've been madly collect A&E charts.

Finally I got Shepherd's Bush Love Letter's Framed. What a great piece and the mats are wonderful.

I won a contest too! Jan at Belfonte Notes is designing now under the name Tree of Life Samplings. She had a give away of her first design, Rare Treasures, and I won! I was so excited. Isn't it just the prettiest piece?

I have no pictures to share right now but I've done a fair bit of stitching this summer. I stitched several Christmas ornaments and they are all with Deb for finishing. I am still working on Hands to Work This is the Day, the Sheperd's Bush Sail Away Stitchalong, and my friend Karin and I are working on Shepherd's Bush Finch Song on Fridays. I've also finished a couple extra blocks for the Welcome to our Neighborhood round robin. I stitched for Jane and Georgie and they are both going to do an extra block for me :-). I set Mary Wigham aside, my Sampler Guild is doing a stitchalong this year so I decided to wait for our first meeting to start.

I've got several pieces kitted and waiting in the wings, Sarah Siefer, Stories to Live by: Eve, Primitive Needle's Hornbook Sampler and Carriage House Samplings Adam and Eve, do you detect a theme, LOL. I also need to finish just a few more Christmas ornaments. Of course Market could change the list, I'll have to wait and see.

I hope everyone is well and getting lots of stitching time! I am looking forward to the Dyeing to Stitch Retreat next month. I will get to spend time with Karin which is always nice and take some fun classes :-). Until next time!

28 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh Katrina, I love all of your framed finishes, they are spectacular! Guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be the Earth Sampler, her painting on the mat is just perfect for the piece! They are all so wonderful though! I need to send her some things to frame!
Congrats on your win!

Deb said...

Congratulations on winning one of Jan's charts! I did too, and hope that I can get myself off my rotation soon to start on it.

Your framing looks absolutely wonderful - but I especially like Love Letters. I did one of those hearts and was going to make mine into a pillow, but now, after seeing yours, I think I'm going to have to reconsider. But then again, I love what she did for the Earth Sampler. All are beautiful!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

All the pieces are beautiful, Katrina! I don't know which one I like best. Congrats on winning Jan's giveaway!

doris said...

Oh, it's so good to hear from you. It seems to me that you're having some fun. I've long been a collector of A&E charts, so I understand.

Enjoy your retreat.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on winning Jan's premier chart!

Your framed pieces are just lovely, all of them! Jill does an amazing job.

It sounds like you have been quite busy - can't wait to see all your projects.

The A&E bug has bit me as well - I'm just starting my collection and it is such fun.

Enjoy your weekend, Katrina.

Unknown said...

maybe that should have been the A&E snake has bit me, too. (heehee)

Cari said...

Katrina, all your finished and framed pieces are LOVELY. Now I know why Jill hasn't shipped mine back to me yet...she was framing yours. She does such a fantastic job doesn't she. Her work always compliments the stitched piece. Love the little snake! Have a great holiday weekend.

Margaret said...

I love all your framed finishes -- and Sophie and Chloe too! lol! Of course they had to take part! Congrats again on winning that chart.

From the Attic said...

Oh my goodness, your framed pieces are wonderful. I just love the SB heart with that gorgeous red mat. You must be so pleased with all that. Congratulations on winning the give away too.

Chrissie

grace said...

Wow! Your framed finishes are just wonderful. Those mats are really something, super gorgeous!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I see you stitch many blackbird designs...would you happen to have Moonlit garden? I would love to buy a copy if you know anyone who has one! Dianntha

Loraine said...

Congrats on your win. I really love that sampler!
What beautiful things you have to show us. I love them all! Jill is amazing, isn't she?
Glad to hear your working on Sail Away. How is it coming? Check in if you need some prodding.
Take Care!

Kellie said...

Hi Katrina,
Glad to see you posting again. :) Your framed pieces look fabulous!!! I love the snake. :) Congrats on your win. That is a beautiful sampler. I know what you mean about the A&E obsession. I have been adding a few to my collection here and there, but I have yet to start one.

Siobhán said...

Yeay! I'm always so glad to see an update from you, even if we do talk every day in emails. ;) Your framed pieces are INCREDIBLE. Jill Rensel is such an amazing artist... her mats are like the cherry on top of a really nice cupcake. Love the girls in the photos, making sure to help you show off your framing!

Congrats on the win! I can't wait to see what else Jan comes out with--she has such a wonderful eye for color. Maybe she'll do some A&Es. :D

Melissa said...

Lovely framed pieces! Isn't it great to get them back so you can display them and enjoy them everyday?

Karoline said...

Fantastic framing, everything is just stunning

Melissa said...

Welcome back, Katrina! Congrats on winning Jan's chart. I've missed reading your blog posts, so it's nice seeing you posting again. :)

Your framed pieces from Jill are just gorgeous! I think my favorite is probably the "Live Simply" piece, but they are all truly spectacular!

Anonymous said...

All of your framed pieces are gorgeous!!!! I'm so jealous that you had Jill do your framing, I love her work.

Irma said...

These are all just gorgeous. I love the details on the mats. They really add a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful framing, Katrina - and fabulous stitching in those frames. Congrats!

mainely stitching said...

That framing is gorgeous! And congratulations on the win!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your win. Your framing is spectacular!! Jill does such an amazing job. She is truly an artist.

valerie said...

Katrina, those are wonderful framed finishes! I keep hearing about Jill Rensel and her mats are fabulous. One day, I will have to splurge on framing with Jill. Congrats on winning the chart! Yay!

Stef said...

Ok, first things first....Sophie and Chloe are just the cutest and I'm sure add so much joy to your day! And Jill did a fantastic job on framing your gorgeous samplers, I love the extra touches that she adds! Congrats on winning Jan's drawing for her first sampler, can't wait to see this one all stitched up!

Vee said...

Beautiful stitching and perfectly framed. They're all lovely!

Congrats on your win.

Kathy A. said...

Well, hello there hon. Long time no blog. Love your framed pieces. Your framer is indeed talented. The matting is very special.
Congrats on the win.

Hazel said...

Beautiful finishes! Congrats on your win - it's gorgeous! x

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Katrina, once again...your pieces are all just wonderful.