Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Exchanges and Round Robins

Leena made the most gorgeous SBEBB winter house piece for me. It's a mixed media piece and it's amazing. She also sent along some gorgeous bits and pieces. Thank you again!

Funnily enough I sent to Leena for the same exchange. I made Lizzie Kate's Winter Wishes for her and finished it as a little pin cushion. I was really pleased with how it came out.

This is one of the neighborhood round robins I am in. I stitched Chessie and Me's I Thee Wed for Sue's piece. It's such a fun group.

I used the same chart for Carol's piece. I had to scale it down a bit because the stitching area was a bit smaller. I am still very pleased with how it came out.

Hope everyone is happy and getting lots of stitching done. I've finally finished all the year end processing at work so I have a bit more time. I've tweaked my lists and rotation. Hopefully I will make some progress and have some finishes to show. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog :-).

13 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

The exchange from Leena is so exquisite. Such a wonderful gift to receive.

JariJari said...

Very creative of Leena. Adorable little pincushion. Lovely RR!!

mainely stitching said...

Love Leena's exchange! Yours, too! ;)

Sue said...

What nice stitching you've done AND received ;)

Mindi said...

Wodnerful exchange and RR stitching!

Anonymous said...

Leena's piece was just spectacular! I loved it the moment I saw it...how lucky you are! And yours to Leena was just cute as a button, I'm sure she adored it!
I love the RR's that you worked on...fantastic! :)

Carol said...

Thanks for the peek at my RR - I just adore what you stitched. Thank you! Still no word from.... !!?? I will email you my thoughts.... And, I have never seen anything as lovely as the exchange you received from Leena! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! Leena's stitched piece is amazing!! So unique and cool...lucky you!

I was starting to get a bit worried about you MIA and getting ready to email you...so glad you popped up!

Carla said...

What an amazing job Leena did on the pinkeep... i's gorgeous!!!
The pincushion you sent to her is lovely...I love the color of the fabric you used!

Chelle said...

Awesome exchanges and RRs! I never tire of looking at neighborhoods. So fun!

Michelle said...

Great exchanges! And both RRs look fantastic - how fun to stitch the same house for both, they look different in both pieces.

Lennu said...

Oh I'm so late in commenting here, but as I've told you already, I just love the exchange you made for me! I see it every day and I just love it :) I'm happy you liked mine too :)

lena-lou said...

I can't believe I did not comment on this post, so sorry!

I love the Pinkeep Leena made for you and as you know now, I am so lucky to have one styled for me too by her :-)) The LK one you did is beautiful and how nice you got to exchange with each other on this occasion.

I think the NRR is a great looking block :-))
P.S. How are those little puppies coming on ??