Tuesday, March 27, 2007

PIF and other Bits and Pieces...

It's been a busy couple of weeks for us. My DH is traveling back and forth between Oklahoma and home almost every weekend. I will be glad when June is here and he doesn't have to go back and forth anymore. We decided he needed a break from flying here every Friday so I am going there later this week for a few days. I am planning on going to the Silver Needle since I've never been to the shop before. There are also a couple of shops in Oklahoma City that I may go visit while Jeff is at work.

My big news is I took a very part time bookkeeper position at our church. It's 10-16 hours a week, Mondays and Thursdays. I hate to admit it but I was a tiny bit bored being at home so much by myself. I was looking for a way get out of the house a couple days each week for a few hours. I offered to come in as a volunteer so I was pleasantly surprised when they wanted to make it official and pay me. I wasn't expecting it at all, but it's a little pocket money which will be fun and the job very low stress. The ladies that work in the office are all very sweet. I know most of them fairly well since we attend the same church. It will be a nice little interlude each week and it won't interfere with my stitching time :-).

My mom got her BBD Bluebird's Message back from the framer. I think it's beautiful, I love the moulding. It will go on her "wall" :-). I stitched while I was home for my Dad's bypass surgery so it seemed appropriate to leave it there and I am not sure I could have got out of the house with it, LOL. My Dad is doing great, he's going to rehab three times a week and his voice finally returned. I wanted to say thank you again, I so appreciate all the kind thoughts, notes and prayers from everyone.

I also sent my first PIF gift to Heather. It was so much fun doing this piece. I put a quarter next to it for scale. It came out very tiny which I love. The design is from BBD's new Needle and Thread book. I seem to be on a Blackbird Designs kick right now. I just love their pieces.

Hope you all are having a great week with lots of stitching time :-). I am off to work on fobs for my mom. I also need to do a bit of finishing on a couple of exchange gifts. Pictures to come later.

21 comments:

lena-lou said...

Both of your finishes are gorgeous but the little PIF is just especially gorgeous because it is tiny, I love little dainty things :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely PIF gift for Heather :)
The BBM all framed up is just gorgeous!
I'm glad to hear your Dad's doing better...I'm hoping that he continues on this path :)
Have fun at the Silver Needle!
AND congrats to you on your job!!

Jackie in UK said...

I love the little fob Katrina - very pretty and *tiny*!! Carol and I have been eyeing this little piece to do too........

Jackie xx

BeckySC said...

OH!!! I love your finishes! The PIF is gorgeous! WOW!
Congrats on your finishes and your new part-time job :)

((hugs))

Cathy B said...

Bluebird's Message is beautiful Katrina as is your PIF gift for Katrina!

Sounds like you'll have more funds available for stash! Congrats on the job!

Sharon said...

congrats on your job! Your finishes are quite lovely-all the Blackbird designs are really pretty.

Senorita Stitches said...

Glad to hear of your dad's improvement. The finishes are wonderful. Tell us all about Silver Needle after you go. It seems like a great shop.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the shop Katrina! It's always exciting to visit a new one. LOL. Now you've got that job, there's no excuse for not spending a little on stash. :) Oh & great stitching BTW. Love the framed pieces.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!! Good for you on getting out and doing some fun stuff. I know you'll have fun in OK! Enjoy your new job too....those hours would be awesome! Love seeing your finishes...I know your mom is proud of her wall, you do great work!

Margie said...

Your fnishes look great! Have fun at the Silver Needle - I've always wanted to check that place out.

Karoline said...

They're both lovely Katrina, congratulations on the new job.

Hazel said...

Hi. I'm just browsing blogs at the moment and came across yours. You have some lovely finished pieces and i like the designs you've chosen very much! x

Karin said...

Thanks so much for the PIF gift that you sent to me! The one that Heather received is gorgeous too.

Tuula said...

What a lovely PIF for Heather! Lucky girl!

Anita said...

Your PIF piece is very cute. That is one of the two charts that I like on the Blackbird booklet.

The blue bird piece is so pretty with the frame. Glad that your dad is doing great and you are having some extra money to spend on the stash.

Rachel V said...

Both beautiful finishes, Katrina. I really admired the Pif fob on Heather's blog. :) And REALLY gorgeous framing on Bluebird.

Enjoy your new job! More stash money. :)

catandturtle said...

Your mom's bluebird design looks awesome. I love the frame she picked. Have fun with your new job. Ann.

Elizabeth MacGregor said...

Bluebird's Message is gorgeous, Katrina! And I love the wee fob! It's so lovely... :-)

Glad to read your Dad is doing better... I hope he continues to improve...

Congrats on your new part-time job... extra stash money is always a plus! ;-)

abcd said...

I love your finishes they are beautiful! The colours are so rich and match the design beautifully, BBD always have such lovely designs. All the best with your new job, sometimes it is good to have a change!
nicky

Julie said...

Katrina, You'll love The Silver Needle cross stitch store. Its my favorite. Theres another cross stitch store, Stitch Works, located across the street from Silver Needle and you should visit it while you're in town too, if you have the time.
I am new at blogging and have the same format as you, I'm wondering if there are any tricks to getting your picture to appear in the middle of your post instead of always at the top. I'd appreciate your advice. My blog is new - just one post, but I'll post more soon. I'd weclome a visit if you ever have time.
Enjoy your time in Tulsa - Julie

Deb said...

Wow, Katrina, you were busy this past month! The Blackbird looks great framed. I know your mother will cherish it. You are so generous to her. And, Heather's PIF is sweet! Love the design and the size...she's lucky to receive it! Best of luck with your new work situation. I wish you every joy in it and hope you keep strong in making sure you continute to keep your stitching and leisure time now that hubby will be retired. Sometimes church can sweetly get you involved more than you want to be!! Hugs, Deb in FL