We brought my Dad home today! He's doing very well and couldn't wait to get back in his own house. He was dressed and ready to go within 15 minutes of us arriving at the hospital this morning. He actually feels very good since they got all the tubes out of him. Only tiny problem is he's lost his voice, they think his vocal cords are bruised from being intubated for the surgery. Hopefully with a bit of rest and a little time it will come back on it's own. Thank you all again for your thoughts, prayers and emails, they've meant so much. It's been such a blessing for us. I will be heading home on Friday, I think by then my parents should be at the point they can manage without me and my DH and kids have told me they are anxious to have me home :-). I think they've realized how much I do to keep all their lives running smoothly, LOL. This is a cute picture of my parents from last year, they took a trip to Europe.I have managed to get a bit of stitching done, it's very theraputic when you are sitting in hospitals all day. First I finished up a Valentine exchange piece. Sadly that is going to be late arriving at it's destination :-(. Now I am working on BBD Bluebird's Message. It's very cute and will be staying here when I go home. My mom has assured me there's a spot for it on her wall :-).
12 comments:
Oh, I'm so, so glad to hear that your Dad is doing well! My Pap lost his voice when he went through a bypass...they come back slowly...or at least his did :)
Still thinking and praying for continued health!
:)
Glad to hear that your father is doing so very well! I will second Vonna also in that my own father has had a quadruple bypass (as well as many other surgeries)....and each time they intubate him for surgery, he either loses his voice or gets very raspy! In time, your father's voice will return!
So glad to see you posting and giving the all clear signal. Loved the picture...if you don't look like your mom, I don't know! : )
I have been thinking about you! So glad to hear your dad is home and doing ok. Please know I am continuing to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
((((hugs))))
Glad to hear your Dad is doing well.
Glad to hear this piece of good news!
Yay Katrina! That is great news!! Don't give up on me - the RR info will arrive... we had a drop out tonight so I need to fill her slot... that has slowed me down a little now.
So glad to hear that your Dad is doing OK Katrina! I hope his recovery continues to go smoothly.
Katrina I'm so glad your Dad is doing so well!My prayers are still with you and your family as he heals.~Annie
Such good news for you and your family!
Glad to hear your Dad is home, and doing well. :0)
Finding my way down your blog here and I'm glad to read that dad is back home and doing so well. It's a scary time, but it sounds like you were all there for each other and that's really what it's all about in the end. I hope the vocal cords heal in time and that he's back to his usual routine now that nice weather is about here.
Post a Comment