Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Finish and an Update

I've been madly stitching on BBD Bluebird's Message the last couple of days, my mom has a space all picked out for it on her 'wall' :-). I wanted to have it finished before I go home so I am pleased it's done. My dad is doing very well and other than his voice still being gone, he is feeling better every day. I will fly home tomorrow afternoon just in time for the weekend. My family has told me they are ready for me to be home, I think things are a tiny bit crazy there, LOL. The next big thing on the horizon is my DH's retirement from the Air Force in March, then we have a trip to Europe planned, my DD's graduation from high school in May and somewhere in there my DH will start a new position. Generally, life is going to be crazy until the summer time. I am sure stitching will be my sanity. I've decided not to set any goals for February except to do at least one PIF piece and get started on two exchanges for the USEBB group. I am going to stitch on whatever I please other than those few things.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your bluebird....it's gorgeous and you're done so quickly! Have a safe flight~

Annie Beez said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finish Katrina!

So glad your Dad is doing OK :)

Carol said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish! I am so glad you dad continues to do well!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY!
Your life is going to be hectic with two momentous occasions for your family this spring!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty finish, your Mom will love it.

lena-lou said...

I LOVE this one you have done it so nicely and I bet you are the first to finish it :)

Thanks for visiting my blog it's nice to see you :)

BeckySC said...

I love it, Katrina :) Congratulations!

Annemarie said...

Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-TA
Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-TA
(that's me doing a happy dance on your behalf)
Bluebird's Message is gorgeous! You may be flying home tomorrow, but your needles must have taken to the air long before that. They have been flying!
Glad you Dad's feeling so good!

Stitching-by-Jean said...

Lovely Finish, so glad your father is doing well.. and is home.

mainely stitching said...

This is a beautiful finish - much prettier than I'd thought (based on the model). Great job!

Glad to read that your dad is doing well. I hope things calm down before long!

Rachel V said...

Hi Katrina,

Your bluebird is truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us about your dad, I am so happy that he is home and doing well. That must have been a scary and stressful experience, glad you had your family and your stitching to rely upon!

I agree with everyone about your lists -- lists are for the stitcher, not the stitcher for the lists! :) Enjoy picking out what you want to work on and enjoy your exchanges and things.

Congrats again on your lovely finish.

Susimac said...

Oh thats gorgeous - I think I will have to get that one it looks wonderful stitched up - or maybe its just your wonderful stitching!!

Deborah said...

Your bluebird is beautiful! Andrea has this one done too and it's fun to see the overdye differences. Sorry to hear about your dad but good news he's doing well. Sounds like you have a busy year ahead of you!

Jackie in UK said...

Lovely stitching as always, Katrina! I didn't think I would like this one when I saw it on the internet, but the threads are gorgeous and seeing your piece has changed my mind. Glad to hear that your dad continues to do well!

hugs,

Jackie xx

piko said...

So lovely stitching!! I'm looking in fascination at your work.:-D

Anita said...

What a great finish. I am glad that your dad is doing well. Your family will be so happy to see you going home.

Karin said...

I love your bluebird. I'm glad your dad is back home and doing well.

Jeanne said...

Love your finish Katrina and so happy your dad's surgery went well. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Sharon said...

Congrats on a lovely finish! glad to hear your Dad is doing well.

lena-lou said...

Good news about your Dad and as for your finish ...it is beautiful, well done ?

lena-lou said...

P.S. I meant a ! not a ? sorry.