![]() |
| Attic Needlework Sampler Symposium Projects (Catherine Theron piece missing, I didn't get a good picture of it) |
What a fun weekend!!!! I was blessed to spend the last few days with good friends, I so needed some girl time. I haven't laughed that much in forever. The Sampler Symposium was wonderful and I enjoyed all the workshops. Every morning and the occasional afternoon I made a Starbucks run. It was a necessity for me, we all stayed up late and got up early, LOL. I shopped at the Attic, went to the Symposium and had such a good time. One of the highlights of the trip was going to Tanya's house. She has finished the most gorgeous pieces, I left her beautiful home just wanting to stitch, stitch, stitch so I can cover my walls in samplers :-). The Attic Needlework is a sampler lover's dream. It's just wall to wall eye candy everywhere you look!!!!
Paulette took this picture of me, she thought it was hilarious that I could drink my coffee and concentrate on stitching and shopping. I feel the need to add that she went with me every morning to Starbucks ;-), LOL. If you'd like to see more pictures of the shop, she has posted some on her blog.
It goes without saying my stash was greatly enhanced!!! I won't bore you with a list of what I added to my collection but there are few special finds I'd like to share. When I saw Jean's model, I knew I had to stitch my Blackbird Designs Peacock Pinkeep just like hers, isn't it gorgeous???
I also added The Traveling Stitcher, E. Bloeser to my stash and much to Tanya's delight I decided to get 45 count linen for it. Jean suggested I try Ball Pt. Bead Embroidery needles with a tapestry point. They make stitching on the higher counts so much easier. This piece is so special to me because all my friends stitched a few stitches on it.
Finally, I've been wanting to journal my stitching time so I got Needlework Press Book of Days 2012 to keep track of what I am working on.
Besides starting E. Bloeser at the symposium I also started my new piece for my January Challenge with Laurie, Plum Street Sampler's Eulalie Long. I just love the colors, they are so bright.
I only added a few stitches, Elizabeth is still my number one girl especially after seeing the model at the Attic and Jen's piece in person. I am just in love with Miss Sheffield.
![]() |
| Attic Needlework's Elizabeth Sheffield Model |
I am so grateful I was able to spend the weekend with friends I love and who are all so special to me!!! I hope that everyone is finding lots and lots of time to stitch :-)!!! Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog.
Happy Stitches,
Katrina



44 comments:
hello dear, glad you had fun time with your friends..
sweet new stash and cute new start.,.i love the photos so much..
keep well..
hugs cucki xx
How envious I am of you attending a Sampler Symposium. It must have been wonderful.
The Attic looks like a stitchers treasure house.
I am so glad to have found your blog.
So glad you had a good time, Katrina! That is a special talent, to be able to drink coffee and focus on stash enhancement at the same time!
Thanks for sharing your pictures - so glad you had a great time. The time I spend away with my stitching group is always very special to me, such a great way to re-charge batteries :-)
Thank you so much for sharing your photos, Katrina. This weekend sounds like an incredible time. Love all those patterns you have picked out. That Elizabeth Sheffield will be a beautiful stitch!
Sounds like a wonderful time Katrina. Love the pic of you with coffee cup in hand! What great projects were worked on during the weekend.
Wow! What a great weekend.
You do look very focused even while you are drinking your coffee.
Your projects are all beautiful.
What a great update, Katrina! It sounds like an amazing weekend--I'm glad you guys had such a good time! :) The joy is infectious. Love your new start!
What a great post! A great summary of what sounds like the perfect weekend! Love Paulette's pic of you -- two priorities going on together. :D Your book of days -- you are the neatest person ever, besides being most organized! And I love seeing your supplies for your projects so beautiful on the thread keeps. Glad you had fun!
Oh wow I bet you all had the most amazing time! All those gorgeous samplers!
Lovely new starts.
Oh my goodness - 45ct? It scares me working on 40ct!
I like the idea of a stitching journal. Your handwriting is beautiful!
Sounds like you made some sweet memories to last a lifetime...and what beautiful stitchin' goodness you have going on!
Katrina - I so wish I could have been there! I drooled over all of the pictures in Paulette's post. I'm so glad you were able to go and enjoy some time with friends.
Can't wait to see your progress on these samplers!
Oh my. It's like Disneyland for stitchers! You have chosen beautiful projects and I love your accessories.
I'm so happy for you that you had a wonderful weekend with stitching friends. Thanks for sharing the pics with us... I can never see too many pics of The Attic or needlework.
I'm amazed you found the time to have a Sunday start... good for you and I love your choice of projects.
Your Elizabeth S. looks fantastic. I can understand why you find it hard to put her down.
Glad you had a good time. I just love the Attic and you are right A Sampler Paradise. Love the color choice also for the Peacock Pinkeep. Jean sure has an eye for color doesn't she.
Hope to see more pics soon of your accomplishments.
Katrina,
I like the idea of a stitching journal, but what I really like is the scissor fob you have sitting on it. I would love to know what pattern/designer it is from. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at The Attic.
sandyxstitcher@gmail.com
Glad you enjoyed yourself here in Phoenix Katrina. I've never gone to the Sample Symposium even though I live here. Considered it this year but the projects didn't thrill me so will wait and see what next year brings. I do stare at E Sheffield every time I'm in the shop, yours is looking great!
Oh what fun! I can just imagine how wonderful it must have been to go to the Attic for the weekend, and it would be a dream to go Tanya's house!
Love the stash that you bought. I have that Peacock pincushion pattern, and have never stitched it. I really like Jean's model. Hmmm, I may have to pull that out and take a look at it again.
Your traveling pattern is wonderful. Oh my goodness, 45 count! I thought 40 was bad. You may inspire us all to start buying a higher stitch count. Your sampler is going to be so dainty and pretty.
Can't wait to see your stitching progress.
Hugs to you!
Gosh would I like to visit the attic. Love your new stash and your stitching.
The pic with the coffee is hilarious. But it's true: everything goes better with coffee!!!!
I know you all had a fantastic time! Oh to be surrounded by all that needlework porn. LOL!
Great post Katrina. It sounds like you all had so much fun and what wonderful eye candy you got to see and enjoy. I just LOVE all your projects:))
Great post Katrina. It sounds like you all had so much fun and what wonderful eye candy you got to see and enjoy. I just LOVE all your projects:))
Isn't the Attic amazing Katrina. I could just stand there and look for hours! You practised great restraint with your purchases. Love your new choices.
What beautiful photos you took of everything, Katrina! Just luscious!
More and more pretty things! So happy you got to enjoy some time with needles and friends.
Beautiful pictures, Katrina !! How could I possibly have missed Jean's version of the Peacock pinkeep?? I guess I had enough with my little corner of the store, didn't I? LOL !! It was a super fun weekend... Let's do it agai soon:-)
Great Projects !!!
Glad you enjoyed yourself. I enjoyed seeing your new starts. And that Peacock Pinkeep is stunning in those colors! I love using my Book of Days to keep track of my stitching too!
I am glad you had such a great time with your friends! I love having a girls weekend, it's such a treat isn't it?? Look at all of that inspiration, enjoy your new projects :)
Hi! Katrina
It looks like you had a fun time.
Beautiful photo's and awesome stitchy things
Wonderful pictures! I look forward to seeing your progress on Elizabeth. She is very pretty.
So is the BBD pinkeep.
Katrina, your blog post is just beautiful! I love everything you pictured here! Had to get my own copy of th "Book of Days". Just loved the idea of keeping a stitching journal this year. You had a tough year sO I was happy that you had such an amazing time!!!
Linda
Oh my gosh - you, Jen and Natalia will have much to tell! Can't wait to hear and see. Beautiful, beautiful stuff! And after your last few months....man did you deserve it!
Jannie
OMGosh...what fun! The Attic must have been fantastic. All those models...wow! Love the new stash and I much prefer the Peacock pincushion in the blue/green combo. Just lovely! And that scissor fob you have is fantastic!
Katrina ~ your week-end sounds wonderful! I am so glad you were avle to enjoy it!
HELLO, I just saw your articles on your blog, can you tell me if you can have an address for ordering at this store samplers please because there are several models that I want!
thank you for your help!
friendships FRANCE
marc1.djankdossian@wanadoo.fr
What a fun post! Love the pic of you and the coffee. What great projects you have to work on - I love the Elizabeth Sheffield sampler (your montage is very pretty) and may have to do that one. I'm so glad you had such a good time!
Great update and I can't wait to see your Elizabeth! Loved the shop model of her too! Can't wait for next year!
What a weekend! Must have been heaven for you and your stitching friends. There are no shops like The Attic around here. It must be wonderful to shop at a place where you are surrounded by all kinds of samplers.
I love the projects you started with Laurie.
Wow this symposium must have been so fabulous! Jean's model of bbd Peackock pinkeep is lovely, nice to see different colors on this piece.
Happy Sunday:)
Let's do that again :)
Katrina, what a great time you guys had! I'm glad you got away for such a fun trip. I know you needed it!
Great stash and starts!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
great designs digitizing amazing posts !
Post a Comment