Thursday, February 10, 2011

Granny and Paw and Anniversaries of the Heart

I have really loved stitching Blackbird's Anniversaries of the Heart!!! It is such a fun piece. I am still waiting on the Evergreen Lane chart, I've been haunting my LNS :-). My DH has been traveling a lot so I took advantage of not needing to cook to stitch, LOL.

Blackbird Designs Anniversaries of the Heart

This is a closeup of Moonlight Visitor, I love it because it reminds me of Colorado where I live. Every May we have a huge Miller moth migration and there are pine trees everywhere. I still haven't decided how I want to personalize this particular block. I think I know but I want to wait to see the December chart as well as the last bonus design.


Midnight Visitor

I had no trouble deciding who I wanted to remember when I stitched Pumpkin Farm. My DH's Granny, Annette, was born in October and she married Paw in October which made this block perfect for honoring her and Paw. She was a young widow with three small daughters, including my MIL, when she married Frank McLellan. They went on to have a fourth daughter and have been married 65 years in October. My DH's grandparents are wonderful, they are both fiesty, funny and artistic and a joy to their family and friends.

Pumpkin Farm

Granny and Paw's 60th Wedding Anniversary

The Cake (isn't the picture gorgeous)

A Painting by Granny

I think that I am going to get the Primitive Needle's A&E out and finish it and by then hopefully I will have the next AotH chart in my hot little hands, LOL. I hope everyone is finding lots of time to stitch and you are all happy and healthy :-). Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.


Hugs and Stitches, Katrina

63 comments:

Margaret said...

Your AotH is to die for! So gorgeous! I sure hope the next chart comes soon so you can get that one done! Now am I miscounting, or is there an extra block left over after the December chart and bonus chart??

Love the pics of the grandfolks! Granny's painting is sooooo cool!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your AotH sampler is gorgeous Katrina. Loved reading the story of your DH's grandparents.

Deb said...

Your AotH sampler is just beautiful Katrina! I wasn't that interested in this series, but now that I've seen yours. I love it. I'm going to have to pick your brain for the fabric that you used for it. It's just stunning.

Love the pictures of the grandparents and the picture that Granny painted is wonderful.

valerie said...

Yay! I've been waiting for an update. Your AotH is gorgeous! Wow, you are getting so close to the end. I love the story about your grandparents and to be married 65 years. That's incredible. I love that painting of your grandmothers!

Suburban Stitcher said...

that is absolutely amazing!!!! love it all!

natalysneedle said...

Your project is amazing! I love it all as one piece. I did mine individually and like them but I LOVE it as one!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I don't think I've seen anyone further along on AotH than you. It looks BeAuTiFuL! What fabric are you stitching this on?

Karin said...

Just beautiful!!!! I can't believe you kept up so diligently with this one....almost finished!!!

Nancy in WI said...

Hi Katrina, I love the story about Granny and Paw and the pictures! Your AoTH is beautiful too!

Littlebit said...

Oh my goodness..your AotH is wonderful! But that painting from your Granny. What a lucky girl you are!!!! I love it!!

samplerlover said...

It is really lovely Katrina. Love how you are personalizing it. It makes it so much more special.

Love Granny's painting. Do you have it? - Sandra.

Nancy said...

Your Anniversaries of the Heart piece is gorgeous! Good for you for keeping up with this. The cake is very pretty, and I love Granny's painting!

Sandy said...

VERY PRETTY, Katrina!!!! AotH is so dainty and sweet ... I LOVE IT. I got a kick out of reading about about Paw and Granny. They sound like a cute couple, and their t-shirts are hysterical. That picture on their cake is unreal. (How do they do that?!) Well, October definitely belongs to them!

Deborah said...

Your AotH is beautiful! Yours is the first one that I have seen with Pumpkin Farm finished. It may be my favorite to date.

Siobhán said...

I love it, Katrina!! What a nice tribute to Granny & Paw. I can't wait to see what comes out for the December and bonus block!

Hazel said...

Your AotH is absolutley stunning. I really love the look of it. Great story about your Granny and Paw. x

Nicole said...

Wow Katrina - AoTH is just gorgeous! As soon as I finish Shores I'm going to get back to mine. I'd like to finish it up this year. Great story about Granny and Paw. I love her painting - it's beautiful!!

Ellen said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
I am collecting all the charts, not sure when I will start this big project.

Hugs,

teresa said...

Katrina ~ what a dear story about Granny ~ makes their block so special! and the entire piece is looking so lovely together.

Anonymous said...

Your AotH is stunning Katrina, beautiful and gorgeous! I loved to read about Granny and Paw :) My own Granny and Pap were married 64 years prior to my Pap's death. I miss them both so much and am so glad that your DH and yourself still have such an obviously lovely and much loved couple in your life! Thank you for sharing them with us :)

Carol said...

Oh, Katrina--I just love your newest blocks. The whole piece is stunning and what a lovely life Granny and Paw have had together--65 years! Amazing :)

barbara said...

You've shown closeups of two of my favorites from the series! I love the story of your IL's and how you've personalized the Pumpkin Farm design. :D

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I have been dragging my feet with it and whining about doing the fine stitching, but I've been inspired by your beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing the bit about your family as well!

Glenna said...

I loved this post about Granny and Paw and your AotH! Anniversaries is so pretty--and before you talked about the Miller migration, I thought yuck about the moth square. Now I feel better about stitching it (eventually).

Ruth said...

Wow your Anniversaries are BEAUTIFUL !!!! But I'm not sure they live up to the beauty of the Granny and Paw story -- bless them! And granny's painting... wowzer.

congrats all round to a creative and wonderful family.

woolwoman said...

so happy to see your post today Katrina - your AoTH is just smashing - I loved hearing about 65 years of life spent together - how sweet. Enjoy your weekend and I bet that evergreen lane is soon to be coming your way. Melody

Michelle said...

Oh it's gorgeous! You've inspired me to get moving on my Valentine Rose. Love the personalization for your October block - what a sweet couple they are!

Kathy A. said...

You are doing such a wonderful job on this one. I look forward to your progress. What a lovely tribute to select such a special couple to honor in your latest block.

Berit said...

Great work--loved the family history, too!

Jan said...

Katrina, wow! You are doing so well with this project!! Love your story behind your husband's grandparents. Those are great pics, of them, and the one on the cake is gorgeous!!

I have barely gotten started on AotH...but will certainly enjoy seeing more of yours!! It is breathtaking!!!

Melissa said...

Gosh, your AotH is gorgeous! I'm so tempted to do one too! Alas, so many tempting things out there, including Summer House which is your wallpaper!

Your Granny's painting is gorgeous! Happy Anniversary to the happy couple!

Lois said...

Katrina, this is just gorgeous! It is going to be stunning when it's completed. Well done on keeping on track with it. Loved reading about the personalisation for Pumpkin Farm.

marylin said...

Bonjour, je vous écris de France, je viens de mettre sur mon blog la meme broderie que vous !!!

elles sont magiques nos broderies
à bientot
amitiés marylin
FRANCE

Melissa said...

I loved hearing about your DH's grandparents. What wonderful people and what a lovely tribute them.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I love watching and hearing about your AotH. What a wonderful story, and talk about talented - Granny's painting is great! I'm stitching the first bonus block now, but plan to continue through the year on it, with great inspiration from yours!

Robin said...

Your AOTH is simply gorgeous! I have been on the fence about stitching the designs individually or as a group and your piece has definitely tipped the scale. Add me to the list that want to know the color of linen you are using.

Great story about your husband's grandparents. I got a kick out of their coordinating outfits. They must be a great couple.

Laura said...

This post should win an award! So beautiful and inspiring!!!!

Cristina said...

It's awesome...loved it. As Laura wrote very inspiring.

Loraine said...

Katrina, I love your sampler! I keep wondering if I want to start this project, but I know I do after seeing yours. It is just beautiful. I love all of the personal touches that have gone into this special sampler. Thanks for inspiring me, and sharing your sweet Granny!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! It made me link to yours and I love your Anniversaries of the Heart piece. It is beautiful. I don't think I have seen this one before. Thanks for sharing.

Lainey said...

Your AotH piece is just stunning!!
Loved reading about Granny and Paw. An amazing couple, congratulations on their 65 years together.

Sally said...

Your AotH is simply beautiful. Lovely story about your Granny and Paw.

The Scarlett House said...

Katrina, you are putting a lot of love in to this piece and I know you will treasure it. It is a wonderful way to remember others.
It will look beautiful in your house. Don't give it to your Mom!

Giovanna said...

Well done Katrina, it's absolutely spectacular!

Natalia said...

Katrina, AoTH is just gorgeous !!! The truth is that the pictures don't do it justice... It is so much nicer in person. I can't wait to see it all finished and framed !!
What a nice way to honor Annette and Paw !!!

Karoline said...

Your AotH is looking stunning, great progress

Paulette said...

SIXTY-FIVE YEARS! Oh my goodness, a very loving congratulations to them!

Katrina, your sampler is stunning! Must. Do. Immediately. Ugh!

Paulette

Marie said...

Your work is gorgeous. I have started to purchase these BBD leaflets in hopes of stitching them...someday, but not sure when.

Wow, 65 years...true love I would say!

Rhonda said...

Hi Katrina
Not sure how I came across your blog, but I feel a link with you as my daughter's name is Katrina, and I am an avid cross stitcher and sampler lover. I love the Anniversaries of the Heart. Would you mind to share what material you are working on, how I can locate the patterns...I think the way you are putting them all on one piece is so neat. How did you decide what size fabric you would need? thanks for sharing, Rhonda

Brigitte said...

I'm always blown away when I see the Anniversaries on someone's blog. What a great picture when they are stitched on one piece of fabric. Great job!

Diana said...

Your Anniversaries of the Heart is really looking great! It has really grown since I saw it at the BBD retreat in IL. I just got the new BBD book yesterday. Another great book!

Raven/Missy said...

Your AoTH looks fantastic! I love the cake for your grandparent's anniversary! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to them! The picture on the cake is beautiful!

Valerie said...

Your AotH is looking wonderful! I am glad that you are enjoying it so much. It is in my stash and I hope to start mine sometime this year.

Congrats to your grandparents...65 years! WOW! What a treasure to have them both still fun and fiesty!

Just Me and My Shadow said...

Your Anniversary project is looking beautiful and lovely story about Granny and Paw.
Chrissie

Jeanne said...

It's just beautiful Katrina - and love the personalizations you have added and the stories behind them. This is an awesome project!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know if you have the Goode Huswife The Queen's Diamond Chart still for sale?

Deb said...

Just a beautiful sampler, Katrina. I love that you shared your home part with us. Seeing yours makes me want to start mine.
It's been a long time since I've visited. Been busy with my new task of reading and reviewing books for some publishing houses. I love the work, but it is taking up some serious time! :]
I hope you'll come visit me sometimes: http://abookishlibraria.blogspot.com
Hugs,
Deb

Sharon said...

What a beautiful piece and tribute! Love it! I'll be peeking in to watch this one "grow". :)

Nieves Mª said...

Katrina, How lovely blog have you got!
Muchas Felicidades.
BBD are the must! and Natalia is a fantastic person I'm glad she tell you my blob so I can see yours.

Have a nice day. I'ii follow you.

(Excuse my sorry english)

Nieves.

Patty C. said...

Your BBD is looking lovely - Great progress :)

Yvonne..... said...

AOTH is gorgeous! I know you can't wait to have this one finished and hung up somewhere special. I looked through your blog posts and you have some very nice pieces. You and I have very similar tastes in designs - tee hee. Can't wait to see more of your creations - thanks for sharing!

♥marylin♥ said...

Happy Easter !!

Patti said...

Happy Easter to you and your family Katrina!